Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spa Day

For my bike, that is...

37478.65 miles on the odometer.  Did my spring oil and filter change.  Also cleaned and re-oiled my K&N Filter.  In breaks between bits of work, I cleaned and waxed the chin fairing, side panels, and tail section.  Decided it was time to use anti-seize on some bolts that were problematic in the past. Finally started checking electrical connectors and using new dielectric grease.

The current plan is that tomorrow I will remove the main front fairing, clean and wax it, spend some time cleaning the engine, and use dielectric grease on the turn signal connectors.  I need to run to an auto shop and buy some amber paint...the lenses of my Keith In Asia flush mount turn signals are fading  and that means becoming more clear.

Ideally I should change my tires in the next couple of days as I may have contract coming up in Ashland next week.

The plan is to hit ALL of the maintenance issues on my bike this year.  So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment